• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The path

The Path is a project that has been launched two years ago, in June 2008. It is an historical -- fantastic independant short film.

The story happens in summer 44, after the landing in Normandy. Numerous confrontations take place, mainly between Allies' and German forces.

In this context, we are following a German section which finds itself isolated on the edge of a forest...

With: Damien Leconte, Brice Jurado...
Director: Clément Sanchez Bernard
Chief operator: Frédéric Palmer
Composer: Damien Deshayes

Link for the film (english subs) :

http://youtu.be/4CUVB3VB9E0 (part one)

http://youtu.be/ErDEh6JT1ic (part two)

Screens:

04.jpg

06.jpg

Poster: (french version)

affiche.jpg

Thanks !

Last edited:
Link for the film (english subs) :

There are no subtitles.
I've watched it anyway ( I understand a little bit of french from the too many french films I've seen :) )
and I understood most of the dialogue.
It looks professionally done. The editing is good.

My problem with it was:
1. I'm a little bit tired of films about the WW2.
2. The characters. Nothing special about them.

I never get bored or tired to watch Russian films about any war, because they always develop amazing characters. It's almost like they use the war situation to show these interesting characters.
Anyway, if I watch it with subtitles, I might change my mind.

The poster is totally cool, as is the girl character in the film.

Well done.

Oh man. russians love ww2 movies. Those black and white old school ones? every shot is a wide shot with quick cut of extreme close up. And noir lighting.. hehe

Okay I just watched the whole thing. You guys did a really good job with the uniforms/vehicles and stuff. It is super slow though. There was n't really any character development, or maybe I missed it in the translation?
It just seemed to wonder around, until everyone was dead . Then we see the Bible with the bullet hole in it.

Also, the coloring seemed muted.

There was n't really any character development, or maybe I missed it in the translation?

You didn't miss it in the translation. The characters were boring. I didn't relate to any of them, hence I didn't care about the story...
AGAIN: IF I'M BEING HARD ON YOU, GUYS. IT'S BECAUSE I KNOW YOU'RE TALENTED :)

Back