Sundance? REALLY?

I need somebody to explain me... please...

How did this crap get into sundance film festival???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVTw2w6MiFw

really????:no::no::no::no:

i thought sundance was best of the best... but THAT video.. i'm just amazed.

Thats it, i'll stop writing and filming, and will film dancing bloody tampons with fish eyed lens

I watched this when you tweeted it a couple of minutes ago. Thought it was hilarious.

I've no idea why it's Sundance worthy but I've no problem with it being there! I just wish I'd thought of it (whatever it is) first! :lol:

Oh, thanks for following my tweets ;)

I guess the reason why it got in might because "Hmm.. nobody else did it before".

Oh well, i don't have a right yet to judge what gets in and what not haha

Going back to writing...

I thought it was hilarious. Not a big fan of the "wait... stretch it out just a LITTLE bit longer and it becomes REALLY funny" school, but when the payoff finally came it wasn't bad. At least it's not another bad Wes Anderson rip off, or the touching coming of age story of an edgy girl teen, or the relationship dynamics between a guy trying to start a sustainable farm in upstate New York while his girlfriend walks in the woods and reads romatic poetry, or any of the other dreck you see so much of at film festivals

I just got back from the sidewalk film festival in Birmingham Alabama. That is about a 80% accurate logline of one opf the features playing there. I watched a shorts block this morning, wretched, just wrected. Plenty of high production values wasted on the the same stupid crap I have seen 15 times before. Great festival, packed theatres, awesome staff, and lots of high production value films with not one fucking thing to say or contribute that hasn't been done by 500 other film school grads.

The first few minutes I didn't know what's going on apart from an actor is dressed as an animal (monkey?) and is standing on a tree... but then... :lol:... I think It's a good idea...
The lesson is: The artist should be brave!
Like if you go to Tate Modern in London, you'll see a square of white bricks on the floor, bought by the gallery for a lot of money: It's just a few bricks put on the floor, but It's a brave concept.
Courage's life's only measure :)

Last edited:
There are several movies that I have seen make it into huge festivals that I have thought were complete garbage. I didn't understand why. Why would a piece with no story, no acting, and no production value get into a big festival. Well, then a friend of mind told me something that opened my eyes. He said "You have trouble seeing certain movies simply as pieces of art." That statement spoke volumes to me. If you look at all the art in the world, we see that art can be made from anything, carry several meanings, and not everyone is going to like or even get the piece. Maybe that is what this is: simply a piece of art.

That doesn't mean I like it or get it, but I guess somebody does.

Back