• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Part 1 - Discovery

Didn't do anything for me.

There were also some technical problems. Because you didn't use any fill or background lighting, your shots were flat, and your subject, who was wearing a dark shirt, disappeared into the darkness. I suggest you spend some time learning about lighting.

Also, since all of the dialogue was VO, I would have liked a better recording. Your audio contained a lot of popping plosive sounds, and this just calls attention to the fact that it's recorded, and detracts from any illusion of naturalism.

You let the music do all of your heavy lifting, to convey your atmosphere of mystery and creepiness, but the film itself has none of this. And for my taste, a thin Dan Brown homage is not a good place to start with a story.

Funny that you have a little note in the comments telling people to read the description for an explanation (which isn't even there), but any film which doesn't convey the basic info that a viewer needs to understand or care about it fails to do its job.

Answer -- or at least hint at -- basic questions: Who, What, Where, Why? Otherwise you haven't given us reason to care. And introducing a gun at the end does not function as shorthand for actual conflict.

I wish you the best in honing your craft. Cheers.

I agree with DirtyPictures, you may have an interesting concept, but nothing happens. About a minute and a half, two minutes in, I started skipping around to see if it got more interesting...but it's still just guy sitting in a chair reading. I think you could have easily told this story in 2-4 minutes, not 8. The music is great, though. I liked the titling at the beginning, too. It looked enticing.

Back