• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New short film "Klowntown" - feedback wanted

I've just finished a new short film called Klowntown and would like some feedback. It took just over a month to shoot and edit and had no budget; it would have taken less time to complete but I've just finished college and the film was made in between leaving college and securing a place at university. If you have time, please watch it here and give me some feedback. Thanks!

I've watched it twice.
Overall not too bad. You make a good point there about racism and human mentality.
But I don't buy the idea of aliens being clowns (so literally) and acting like they're high (or zombi like). :)
Plus the violence was pretty gruesome for me. I know it's a point you make, but still..

I think a narrator to tie together the news reporting and the expert testimonial (and maybe a 2nd expert, too) would have helped because then those opening title introductions could have been cut, and it would have made the whole thing more entertaining.
The whole key-lime pie bit was fun, I liked that a lot!
I think it would make your point stronger if you had made them menacing looking, for the most part they were pretty innocent looking (unless you're afraid of clowns), but if they were to look mean or scarier then you're point about "racism and human mentality," as kinglis put it, would have been stronger.
Finally, I really liked the feel you gave it that the video is about 10 years past the incident, and the government has released a sort of information/educational documentary about Klowntown, that was done well, and that last scene where you cut from reporter to reporter was good, but if you would have done the cuts faster and each clip shorter, I think it would have made it feel more like an ending, I was ready for one more scene after that...I dunno, just my thoughts.
Very good though, good quality, nicely edited, good work, man!

Back