• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Trust" - Short Thriller Teaser

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make a post on here to share my next dramatic film with everyone in the hopes that I can get some good feedback.

Trust is a short (approximately twenty minutes) action thriller that follows the chance meeting of two individuals on the road who quickly begin to suspect one another of hiding deep secrets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg8yhBRmN-M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg8yhBRmN-M

Thanks so much, everyone!

- Tommy

Looks interesting, but thats cause I read your post as well. I think the trailer as a stand-alone doesn't convey that same sense of distrust you write about. It is there, but only hinted at. If I were to watch this without reading the text, I don't think I would "get" the message you are trying to get across. Looks good though. When are you going to post the whole thing??

Last edited:
Well done trailer! I'm interested in seeing the movie. Maybe you can add a tagline to the trailer to help convey the distrust.

Interesting idea!
The bold guy seems like a good actor.

I agree with Murdock and Bruce, but also, I liked the teaser the way it is (not giving too much).

Looks interesting.

@Everyone, It is a teaser, and most teasers don't tell you anything about the story. Look at the inception teaser.

Looks interesting.

@Everyone, It is a teaser, and most teasers don't tell you anything about the story. Look at the inception teaser.

Here's the teaser for inception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5VDKVqvo8M

Based on this teaser, what do we know about inception.

1. We know Chris Nolan is going to direct it. That means we can base an opinion on whether we want to see the movie, or not, based on his previous work, which includes six features and three shorts.

2. It has Leo D in it. He also has a previous body of work.

3. We see a cool tilting glass of water and the liner - Your mind is the scene of the crime, followed by a cool looking fight scene in a toppsy turvy hallway. So we know it has crime and cool special effects.

4. Its a feature length film.

For a lot of people this is enough because you have a star director paired with a star talent. This equals big budget coolness.

The teaser here doesn't have any of that. I mean no offense, its just that we have an unknown director, unknown talent doing a short film. That being the case, you might want to give a little more of the story. You know, put a hook on the line.:)

But to answer Noobs statement: You are comparing apples and donkeys.:)

Last edited:
I agree, perhaps the teaser could have shown a little bit more or had some sort of tagline. It's sometimes hard to remove yourself from the story of your own film and put yourself in the audience's shoes. Thanks for the comments and the interest, though! It will be released on September 19th! I hadn't decided on that when I created the teaser, but it is now the official date.

But to answer Noobs statement: You are comparing apples and donkeys.:)

You are absolutely right; previous work, projects and even collaborations play a huge role in determining a teasers potential worth. But I also present a legitimate claim; movie teasers are compilations of ambiguous clips produced to obscure and create interest in people. i.e the audience. So previous experience plays no role in my analysis. In other words, whether we know about the project or not, it's still a teaser. Just because we haven't heard about it doesn't make it something else.

I guess in our own way, we are both correct. Or maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

Back