• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch *The Bridge* Fantasy-Comedy-Action web series

I watched all five in a row, I have to say, they were really enjoyable. The action bits were well thought out and well performed (except the lead vs. the lady). You seem to put the camera in all of the right places, good job.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the audio (sounded like an on camera mic?). I didn't particularly like the anime-esque dialogue, but that's just my personal taste. Overall well done!

This looks very cinematic to me. Doesn't look like DSLR at all. What camera did you use?

This was shot in Columbia, MD? I thought I recognized Assateague.

Last edited:
I enjoyed these, but just a few things I noticed:

First and foremost and mainly: the audio! I'm sure you know that tremendous audio can redeem a bad picture. That does not work conversely. For the most part your camera work and editing isn't too shabby, but the audio brings it down a few notches. Often times the music is way too loud, or in some instances you'll have to turn up your volume to hear the words then music will come and you'll get blown away. The biggest example of this is in the first "episode" when a song that is completely inappropriate for the scene is playing rather loudly throughout the whole film. It doesn't make sense (to me) and it's just way too loud. The other problem is that you don't seem to be booming a mic over the actors heads. This would go a tremendous ways towards making your audio better and is pretty much a necessity.

In regards to other aspects, I enjoyed most of the performances. The overall concepts are fun and the actors are pretty enjoyable to watch. I noticed, though, on a number of occasions punches and such would obviously not connect. I'm actually not even sure if this was intentional given the comedic nature of these films, but it felt accidental to me. Just something to consider.

Overall, I can say that these are enjoyable films and have potential and are great learning platforms for future projects. In my opinon (take it as you may), it's just a number of different things coming together as a whole to bring the overall quality of the films down. Also as a side note, why did the lead character have some sort of shield in the fifth "episode?"

I hope this was helpful!

- Tommy

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, audio has been a weak spot for us, we don't have anyone on our little team that is passionate about it, and we haven't had people on set to do things like hold booms. Im probably going to invest in a boom and mic kit (we have an h4n that Ill plug them into). Anyone have a good recommendation for a condenser shotgun and boom that won't break the bank but is XLR?

This *was* shot on HDSLR, a T2i. The later episodes heavily favor a tokina 11-16 lens.

wrt punches not hitting. yes. Mostly just us learning to make stunts work with untrained actors.

All shot in columbia, except for the last episode, that was down in North Carolina.

Glad you guys enjoyed them, we had a lot of fun making them ^_^

These also show a learning curve, i hope, of about a year and a half.

Back