• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Best way to remove wind sound around dialogue?

Use a high pass filter. Start off at about 80hZ and slowly work your way up. It's a balancing act between removing noise and retaining dialog quality.

SoundSoap Pro is fairly good (not great) if you use it in small increments - remove a little noise, print it, repeat; you get fewer artifacts that way.

BTW, nothing will remove all the noise; that's why it's called Noise Reduction, not noise removal.

Are you removing all of the audio between lines of dialog and replacing with room tone?

You can download the trial version of Audition, along with the rest of the adobe creative suite.

As PaulGriffith said, it's freaking CRAZY what you can do in Spectral editing mode!

I'll upload an example in a few minutes... that is, if I remember.

Bias Sound Soap has a demo video and free trial of their software that looks amazing in removing noise. It's not as good as the demo indicated for stuff I've encountered with bad audio. But, I'll give it a try.

I am getting better and better with Sony Vegas Pro. Practice does make perfect. I removed a bypasser walking behind my actress in frame with a digital pan around him. I'm learning new special effects too.

Back