• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch SUMMERTIME (Week One) (Rough Cut)

I'll attempt to keep this as brief as possible, but being "brief" is unlikely as I have an awful way of writing quite a lot to say very little. First of all, I would like to apologise for not using this forum anywhere near as much as I should! Despite what many must think about people still at school, I really do not have very much time! I intend to be more active in forum communities, but a year or so will pass without me re-visiting. I feel like a parasite whenever I come here just to post my latest video, but let's hope that I start to become more active in the future.

With that out of the way, I would like to present to you "SUMMERTIME (Week One) (Rough Cut)"!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWefDg5A23U

SUMMERTIME was intended to be my "big project" for the summer. However, it was perhaps too big with a screenplay that is 119 pages. It's awfully difficult when you are sixteen years old to make films when none of your friends share the interest. An "uphill battle" would be the best way of describing it. The film was supposed to take place over the six weeks of these character's summer holidays but only the first week has been, more or less, completed and doing filming anymore seems like a complete impossibility. Regardless, what I have done of SUMMERTIME is heads and shoulders above anything else I have done in the past and I really would love to show it to some people and receive some feedback.

As the title suggests, this is a ROUGH CUT. There are some things that you must bear in mind whilst watching this. Firstly, if the film were to be finished, I would have dubbed over all of the dialogue in the exterior scenes. I would have adjusted the brightness and contrast for each of the scenes, too, to achieve the best possible image. There are a few sound effects that are out of time and a few of the cuts really need to be faster, but other than that, this is more-or-less what the finished product will have looked like.

Any feedback would be much appreciated! As stated before, I'm only sixteen and had to do everything myself, so please do not be too harsh!

I upload every screenplay I finish to my deviantART page so for anyone who is interested, the screenplay for SUMMERTIME is there, too. It is far and away the best thing I have ever written and any feedback in regards to the script would also be appreciated.
http://heliumcowfilms.deviantart.com/#/d464apx

I also keep a blog detailing all of my filmmaking endeavours. It's rather long winded, but it may explain any queries you have regarding the film. It would save me having to write out explanations again!
http://heliumcowfilms.blogspot.com/

I look forward to hearing your feedback and hope to be a more active forum member in the future!

Back