• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Seoul Nights - teaser trailer

Hello all,

This is the latest short film I've been working on, it's called "Seoul Nights" and it's about the Korean club scene from a foreigner point of view. I'm halfway done, but thought I would post the teaser and get some feedback.

Thank you!

TKD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SsNo9Albd4

I'd say you really need to cut to the chase with this trailer. The first thirty seconds feel like random, disconnected footage. First of all, I'd completely drop the shots in which the camera is rolling through the city. They don't tell us anything, and frankly, they're not that interesting to look at. If you're trying to establish a location, you honestly only need about 3 seconds to do that, max.

Then, after those first 10-15 seconds, we get some dude smiling in his bed, then a girl turning her head, then a dude in a nightclub. As I was watching them, the first time, I had no idea what these had to do with each other. Then, at the end of the trailer, I realize that there is some sort of love-triangle.

But with such a short amount of time (and I think you're wise to keep in under a minute long), I don't think you can afford these mysterious shots that don't really say much. Cut to the chase. Let us know, RIGHT FROM THE START, that this story is about a love-triangle (if I'm correct in assuming that's the meat and potatoes of the story).

And keep it tight. When we get to the conversation/confrontation, I think you can cut between shots much faster. A few frames here, a few frames there, you'd be surprised the difference a collection of just a few frames can make. I highly value a tight cut, especially in a trailer.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I hope the remainder of your post production goes smoothly. I hope I can see it on here, when you're finished!

Thanks, that was just what I was looking for! Looking back at the trailer, I can see what you're talking about. I should have tried to grab people's attention from the beginning. I also dragged out the scenes a little long. Hopefully, I'll be finishing up the shoot in a couple of days and there will a new trailer out a little after that. Thanks again!

TKD

Thanks, that was just what I was looking for! Looking back at the trailer, I can see what you're talking about. I should have tried to grab people's attention from the beginning. I also dragged out the scenes a little long. Hopefully, I'll be finishing up the shoot in a couple of days and there will a new trailer out a little after that. Thanks again!

TKD

Cool! Finish the film first. Completely. Then, after a while, make the trailer. Cheers!

I'd say you really need to cut to the chase with this trailer. The first thirty seconds feel like random, disconnected footage. First of all, I'd completely drop the shots in which the camera is rolling through the city. They don't tell us anything, and frankly, they're not that interesting to look at. If you're trying to establish a location, you honestly only need about 3 seconds to do that, max.

Then, after those first 10-15 seconds, we get some dude smiling in his bed, then a girl turning her head, then a dude in a nightclub. As I was watching them, the first time, I had no idea what these had to do with each other. Then, at the end of the trailer, I realize that there is some sort of love-triangle.

But with such a short amount of time (and I think you're wise to keep in under a minute long), I don't think you can afford these mysterious shots that don't really say much. Cut to the chase. Let us know, RIGHT FROM THE START, that this story is about a love-triangle (if I'm correct in assuming that's the meat and potatoes of the story).

And keep it tight. When we get to the conversation/confrontation, I think you can cut between shots much faster. A few frames here, a few frames there, you'd be surprised the difference a collection of just a few frames can make. I highly value a tight cut, especially in a trailer.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I hope the remainder of your post production goes smoothly. I hope I can see it on here, when you're finished!

+1

Back