Anybody excited about the Sony A77?

I'm not in the market for a camera, but I enjoy seeing the developments. There are very few details released, as of yet, but those that are out do seem nice.

Full HD at 24p, 25p, 50p, and 60p.

AVCHD 2 recording, which, if I understand correctly, most people around here seem to prefer?

You'll be able to record video using the eyepiece. If I understand the issue with overheating on other cameras, it's because the viewscreen eats up massive amounts of battery. So, being able to record video using eyepiece means longer battery life and no overheating?

Is purported to be weather-sealed, both the camera and the stock-lens.

Not sure what the crop-factor is.

In this article, Philip Bloom seems to be under the impression that Sony was considering video, when they created the new sensor that they're unleashing with this camera, so maybe they've found a way to improve performance, regarding aliasing, moire, rolling shutter?

Depending on which rumor you believe, it will be priced either in the 7D or 5D range.

Anybody considering a purchase? Better to wait and let other people test it out?

Nope. I refuse to get excited about anything other than the GH1 I just bought. :yes:

That does look potentially cool, though. Will be interesting to see what kind of footage it actually puts out. I'm becoming such a camera junkie I'm starting to think maybe my future lies in being a DP rather than a director/producer...:hmm:

Nope. I refuse to get excited about anything other than the GH1 I just bought. :yes:

That does look potentially cool, though. Will be interesting to see what kind of footage it actually puts out. I'm becoming such a camera junkie I'm starting to think maybe my future lies in being a DP rather than a director/producer...:hmm:

Im feeling the same exact way...:P

You can record via the eyepiece on Panasonic cameras as well. Unfortunately it's rather awkward due to the form factor. I've pretty much given up on it unless it's a static tripod shot. Even then the LCD is easier. It uses more battery, but the Panny cameras at least don't overheat.

Would love to have that dilemma of which camera to buy, but I'm just not there yet. Although my buddy just bought a Canon XA10 and is super psyched with it.

I was an inch away from buying an XA10 but decided against it. I had heard of a few problems with it, but mainly because of the bokeh. If I'm gonna be making films and music videos, I'd rather jump on the bandwagon and get something that can achieve that shallow DoF.

Back