print traffic

Quick question.

One of my short films got accepted for 1 reel film festival, and I received an email, saying "PRINT TRAFFIC: send dvd to our mailing address"...

What's the print traffic? Is it their way of saying to send my short movie on dvd??

Quick question.

One of my short films got accepted for 1 reel film festival, and I received an email, saying "PRINT TRAFFIC: send dvd to our mailing address"...

What's the print traffic? Is it their way of saying to send my short movie on dvd??

Yes. The festival is trying to sound like they're BIG STUFF! :lol: They may very well be, I don't know.

In the bad old days, reels of your film were shipped to festivals and generally, each festival would forward (ship) your film to the next festival you were accepted at after the first festival was over. This would save you money on the shipping costs. This was rather the norm back in those days. A print for a feature film could hit $25,000 each, and most filmmakers could barely afford more than one. As you can imagine, there was a lot of stress in those days over the prints being shipped in time, arriving in time, or arriving at all. You had to trust people you did not know to not drop the ball. Those days are gone. :cool:

Back