• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New Remnants Trailer

checked the web site, very reminiscent of "One Second After" novel. Break down causeed by EMP not a gamma burst.. but same end result.

In One Second After some good points are raised about at any given time 1% of the population is DANGEROUSLY crazy and only walking the streets thanks to moder meds, break the supply chain and 1 in 100 people will go completely pshyco within 90 days!

Yeah I have heard of the book, but my first treatment predates that book by about 2 years.
It's just taken a long time to get this made. Once second After is a very different take on the subject as well. Ours is more of a personal journey for one character. And the whole story in our film takes place in one subdivision. The residents build up gates around their community to keep the rest of the world out. Over time they create their own mini-society, with very little outside contact.

Paul.

I am a huge fan of this project! It is so amazing, to see it come together!
Talked to Tim about some stuff and its truly phenomenal!

Love it, great work!

Last edited:
sorry man, no offense, one second after is yet another variation on "Lucifer's Hammer" et all apocalyptic EOTWAWKI stories.. best option for you when someone compares your work to something else is to consider it a compliment, else you'll sound defensive. For what its worth I love these kinda stories...

If you hang around you'll hear me oft say..

"nothing new under the sun my friend "...

and

"Ideas are cheap and easy"

and finally,

"its not the idea or concept, its the EXECUTION that makes it yours."

Did I miss something? How were you guys able to glean a story from that trailer? I just saw people shooting and punching each other and at the end lights on the planet are turning off.

Oh it's nothing like Lucifer's Hammer. There is no massive destruction, tidal waves, etc.
It's about a typical subdivision in America. And one day the residents wake up and nothing works. No power, no computers, no cars. Then they have to adapt to a different way of life.
After a while they are holding up just fine, but the world around them isn't doing so well.

@brainjuice, on the youtube page is a link to a web site..

@philburger1,

the story is never about what the story is about..
These stories are all about peoples reactions to the EOTWAWKI situation, so in that sense it is EXACTLY the same.. but different. ;)

You've a great product, don't engage in this type of debate. Admit inspiration etc, a real artists is not afraid to admit being inspired by other artists. Originality only becomes an issues if you make it one.

oohhh i like..

CC looks a bit dark to me, colors are good, just not bright enough..

Not making excuses, as we're not in final color, but YouTube compression zaps a lot of the fine contrast and crushes the blacks. Not sure how to get around this using H.264 so far

Did I miss something? How were you guys able to glean a story from that trailer? I just saw people shooting and punching each other and at the end lights on the planet are turning off.

This is just a teaser, our story based trailer is coming in about a month. We have some preliminary trailers we did early on for garnering attention for funding that did tell the story, you can find them online somewhere.

-Tim
(Remnants' Director and Editor)

Not making excuses, as we're not in final color, but YouTube compression zaps a lot of the fine contrast and crushes the blacks. Not sure how to get around this using H.264 so far

This is just a teaser, our story based trailer is coming in about a month. We have some preliminary trailers we did early on for garnering attention for funding that did tell the story, you can find them online somewhere.

-Tim
(Remnants' Director and Editor)

Yep, I've experienced the same thing with youtube, before. Crushes blacks, like a mo-fo. Have you tried vimeo? Very much worth the small subscription fee, in my opinion.

On my viewing, I actually had the same reaction as brianluce. Even for just a teaser, I think at least a small taste of story would be nice (just a couple brief sound-bites would help, I think). But if you definitely wanna go with the action-only teaser, I think 1:20 is a LONG time. Action montages can only hold my interest for so long, and by the end of this teaser I was getting bored.

I checked out the website, though, and this project looks very exciting. I very much want to see the final product. Best wishes!

Some decent shots poking through in the teaser. Perhaps, in the trailer, pull some more of the stronger visual material. I really like how the shot of the guy running to his family looks right before it cuts, nice energy.

Good luck with the rest of the production.

If you hang around you'll hear me oft say..

"nothing new under the sun my friend "...

and

"Ideas are cheap and easy"

and finally,

"its not the idea or concept, its the EXECUTION that makes it yours."

On the same hand, then what's the point in telling people that their stuff is derivative or similar to something else if you already know this?

If you spend enough time you can trace something back to something else, telling people that doesn't help anything... unless you're trying to give him a way to promote his material by saying "it's like this and that".

Last edited:
Wow, I'm impressed. This actually looked like a real film. Looking good so far, but I have no idea about the story. Looking forward to seeing it.

Some decent shots poking through in the teaser. Perhaps, in the trailer, pull some more of the stronger visual material. I really like how the shot of the guy running to his family looks right before it cuts, nice energy.

Good luck with the rest of the production.

On the same hand, then what's the point in telling people that their stuff is derivative or similar to something else if you already know this?

If you spend enough time you can trace something back to something else, telling people that doesn't help anything... unless you're trying to give him a way to promote his material by saying "it's like this and that".

Good question Kholi, why did I point out that similarities, Im seriously thinking about that.. I confess I had not thought about why I was posting, I assure you it was not from a negative place..

Its more of my trying to connect with the OP. I want to be "included" and "In the Know" sorta telling the OP that "I get you" and we have a "shared" experience.

Does that make sense?

Good question Kholi, why did I point out that similarities, Im seriously thinking about that.. I confess I had not thought about why I was posting, I assure you it was not from a negative place..

Its more of my trying to connect with the OP. I want to be "included" and "In the Know" sorta telling the OP that "I get you" and we have a "shared" experience.

Does that make sense?

For sure for sure. I can see that. I think he responded to the way the post was pressed, which sounded more like "you're copying this". Most people would become defensive.

But, if it's more like "Oh, I like this kind of material, I also like this and that? You a fan?"

THen there's nothing to get defensive over. I hear ya though!

Back