• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 125: A short film for my production 1 class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FdANXm1MCk

Hey everyone. Been a while since I've been on this site, but I've been busy with film related stuff so I think that's a decent excuse.

Anyway, this is the film I made this last spring. It's about a man who is mysteriously woken up at 1:25 AM and begins seeing sleep deprived hallucinations.

I want to re-cut this during my summer and would like some feedback from anyone who's willing. Trying to enter this into a film festival and would like to put out my best work so any and all criticisms are welcome.

The closing credits music (and the score which is David Julyan's theme from Memento) are purely temp tracks mostly because I had to have somewhat of a finished product to turn in for a grade and I was allowed to use copyrighted music. I'm in the process of looking into Kevin MacLeod's music to use as the score and end credits. If you haven't heard of him he makes music which you can freely use so long as he's credited.

As for the sound, I'm going to do some polishing but for the most part it's there. You thoughts?

The sound needs lots of help. It sounds like you used just the production sound. As there is no dialog the sound has to do a lot more work.

Personally I would be doing a ton of Foley and sound FX work, and manipulating sounds - especially the clock - to enhance the dream/nightmare becoming-detached-from-reality experience of the character.

BTW, not that it means anything, but I don't get it...

Unfortunately I didn't have access to any good sound equipment other than the mic on my GL-1. While it's decent, I ended up having to do use some foley and VFX on it. A lot of the background noise, however, was done with the GL-1's mic.

- especially the clock - to enhance the dream/nightmare becoming-detached-from-reality experience of the character.

BTW, not that it means anything, but I don't get it...

Actually that was pretty much what I was going for.

Back