• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Magical Bike

Hey guys, it's been quite a while since I've been on here, but I just made this new short comedy the other day.
Please take a look and tell me what you think! Not a masterpiece, but it was fun to make so I hope you enjoy :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASqkIpYOYTQ

Thanks a bunch,
Andrew :)

PS. The "actor" is really just my little brother, and no, his formal training is not in theater ;)

Last edited:
I think a booby trap would been funnier
Also, I dont know if you meant it to be funny, but your brother says "I'm hungry" then finds a bottle of water. To me that's funny.:)

Last edited:
I think a booby trap would been funnier
Also, I dont know if you meant it to be funny, but your brother says "I'm hungry" then finds a bottle of water. To me that's funny.:)

Haha thanks for the input, yes the bottle of water right after he says I'm hungry I meant to be sort of an off hand joke.

I never thought of a booby trap but I actually like that idea. Oh well, live and learn haha.

needs more of a story, like have a wizard throw a spell which explains the reverse cycling ,and whatnot.

Thanks for checking it out and thanks for the input!
Yeah the story doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it was actually intended to be that way haha.

In the future I have much more ambitious projects planned, this was, after all, shot in one day :P

I get the ending. It's like a story about something bigger but the main character just dies and in this case it is to never eat strange bananas. I think in the bike scene the kid could try to look backwards more so when you do play it backwards, he is looking forward.

Thanks for the input guys!
I think Zensteve got it the most though, it really doesn't make any logical sense whatsoever ;)

I think in the bike scene the kid could try to look backwards more so when you do play it backwards, he is looking forward.

I agree, I told my brother that when we were shooting, but it was REALLY hot out and he was pretty unimpressed with shooting by the time we actually got to the scenes riding the bike.

In retrospect I should have shot those first, but anyway as I was giving him advice I could tell he was just not pleased, so rather than continue trying to get him to do it that way I just shut up so he wouldn't leave me there with half a video ;)

Last edited:
Dude... it made no sense at all! :huh:

LOL! I want to disagree, but... D@mn. That made no sense at all. LMAO!

Whatever camera you're using records pretty colors.
Does it have a manual aperture, if so, tinker with it knocked down as low as it will go.
Gotta figure out something with those volume jumps between dialog/ambient and the soundtrack. (Thank God I didn't have the headphones on.)

LOL! I want to disagree, but... D@mn. That made no sense at all. LMAO!

Whatever camera you're using records pretty colors.
Does it have a manual aperture, if so, tinker with it knocked down as low as it will go.
Gotta figure out something with those volume jumps between dialog/ambient and the soundtrack. (Thank God I didn't have the headphones on.)

I am using a Canon HV20. I had the white balance set (I can't remember to what exactly) to get that sort of different look outside.

As for audio, well this was shot with the on camera mic haha so atm I'm saving for an external microphone.

Also, my computer has really been peeving me lately. I was editing on adobe premier elements and when I tried to add music or any type of text, it would crash every single time. So I finally had to export as a windows media file, put into movie maker, and add the end titles and music. Anyway technical problems in post frustrated me so much that the audio levels are all sort of messed up, won't happen next time.

Last edited:
Dude... it made no sense at all! :huh:

I thought the whole point was the comedy element at the end. I agree there is no logical sense. This video is like a trick, it's called That Magical Bike but it is not about that.

My last comment read like I was looking into the story a bit too much. :D

Last edited:
Back