• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Camera Crane Test

It looked good. A bit shaky, but I suspect that might be a result of shooting with a DSLR and a big 35 lens on the end. Certainly useful for close-ups and small pans like what you were doing on there. Cool work!

This would probably have been more appropriate for 'Experimental' or 'Other' than the 'Narrative' forum, seeing as it's just a crane test.

Saying that, it wasn't bad! I'll assume you're a low budget independent, so that kind of quality is expected for that kind of price - the shakiness can be edited out in post-production, especially when there's so little like in what you showed. After Effects does that pretty well by stretching the image slightly (so you may want to film slightly zoomed out) and then rotating the image frame by frame to keep the image steady.

Of course, it's always better to try and make it actually steadier as well, but post-production can still help with ironing out the little problems.

Dude, you got more of a stomach than me. I would be too scared to put my camera on a crane..Afraid is might fall off haha

Back