• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Broistas - animated comedy sketch

banner.jpg

Here's something Tyler Kinney, a frequent collaborator, put together. I helped with a voice.

http://www.broistas.com/

He's going to even out the audio levels for the next one.

:coffee:

I'd have to ask Tyler about his set up. I know he mentioned a cool plug-in that helped with animating the mouths; it syncs with the audio track and triggers the movement.

He's teamed up with a Sacramento writer to crank out some new characters and episodes. My character, the guy with the hat, will be back down the road.

I heard back from Tyler:

Hey Jeff,

I use Photoshop to draw them, breaking them up in to the layers that will move.

Then I use apple motion for lip sync. (There is a way to sync the amplitude of sound to the movement of a layer, which makes lip sync a breeze).

Then in to final cut to drop the characters into the scene, and break it into different shots.

Hope that helps,
Tyler

More of Tyler's work can be found at http://nohandstv.com

In a couple of weeks I'll have exams for the film school... If I need to, I'll use your idea...(Can I?) It's just too good :)

Last edited:
Yo bros (and bras ;). This is all Tyler's project and I just happen to play the guy with the hat. In fact I just talked to Tyler about the new theme song he put together because The Generationals were asking for too much dough for their track. Although Tyler would have loved to pay them for it, he didn't have the money, so since he's a musician he put an original track together. I think it launches on the new clip.

Anyhow, I'm having fun, just throwing it all at the wall and saying yes to pretty much everything coming down the pike. Sprinting to the end of 2011, leaving a wake of madness behind...

@Kinglis - I'm sure Tyler won't mind you pitching the Bulgarian version of Broistas. ;) That would be a hoot!

@Kinglis - I'm sure Tyler won't mind you pitching the Bulgarian version of Broistas. ;) That would be a hoot!

The great thing about the story is the (British) character of the bar tender... It's unique...
In Bulgaria, the bar tender will ask the bouncers to step in. They will get rid of the "lady" very quickly... End of story :(

I think he's using a plug-in in FCP, something that animates a specified layer, triggered by audio, which (I think) means Tyler isn't manually animating the mouths.

Any idea why the video is not available?
I wanna watch it again n again n... :)

Edit: It's working now...

Last edited:
My favorite part is when the bartender says: It's a fixed window, sir... Madam?!
I feel sorry for my neighbors every time I watch this video :lol:

Edit: "Glasses" is also very good.

Last edited:
Back