• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch In Focus

Hey guys, I made this doco/instructional piece while I was a student 2 years ago.

There's a bit of the narration that I believe is wrong about blowing air into the gate and blowing the light meter away, that's one bit I have to go back and fix up... I think it's wrong, anyways.

I was making this doco while I was making my short film, so it was a bit of a juggling act :(

I'd love to hear your opinion on what you think other than that small error mentioned above.

http://vimeo.com/24341867
password: infocus

Probably worth breaking up into several parts/episodes, if you ever put it out as a reference sometime.

Good stuff. Was actually reading up on material in the first half of that tonight. :)

I was actually considering that at one point, but in the end I decided that since I was making it at college then I would aim it at students starting out in the courses to get a quick overview so they had a fair understanding before their teaches delved into the course.

Glad you liked it :). I'm sure there are plenty of areas where I could've added or even improved... but, I guess it is as it is until I become a better film maker to make better stuff in the future.

Anymore comments from Indie Talk members? :)

I read a long paper once that explained that DOF in actual fact isn't effected by focal length, it's a popular misconception.

Back