Glass for my new Canon 60D

Hi everyone.

I am dying with anticipation for my new Canon 60D - that baby should be here any day now. The 60D has many similarities with the T2i,T3i and 7D. So calling all owners of these cameras - I need to start building an arsenal of decent lenses and need your help for some recommendations. My main use of this camera will be for digital cinema purposes, but I may mess around with stills from time to time.

I have my first lens, it's been here for a few days now awaiting the arrival of my 60D - a brand new Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50mm f1 ZE and the necessary Zeiss Contax/Yashica Canon adapter. It looks very nice and I can't wait to take it for a spin, but it was pricey. Very pricey. To start things off I am looking to get a wide (anything from 20 - 28mm) and something on the telephoto side (100mm -135mm) to start things off. I do want to stick with the Zeiss lenses, but I;ll need some time to save up for them.

So I come seeking for recommendations for decent to great glass that will meet my needs. Oh, and where's the best place to get great lenses? I don't mind used as long as it's in great condition. I checked out ebay a bit was was hesitant as a lot of stuff was coming from Asia. I don't mind going that route - are there any good/horror stories dealing with used lens purchases?

Thank you for your help and time everyone.

I can't think of any off hand, but it's easy to tell, the good vendors have in depth descriptions of the lens condition and aren't shy about pointing out flaws in the item.
I bought a 135mm f2.4 Canon FD from a vendor and he didn't notice that the focus ring had a little bit of free play in it. He gave me a partial refund and I agreed to keep the lens and leave positive feedback.

Back