• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Zombie Love - a teenage tradegy love story - my directorial debut

I would appreciate any feedback and opinions of the film. I'm new to film making and want to improve. Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R0Z8J5sBQE

The story is about teenage love (Julie & Joey), only with a twist. The zombie virus has been out for a few years and the CCD has developed a cure, but it will be 8-10 weeks before it is available to everyone. During this time Joey’s family is attacked (off camera) Joey gets bitten and Julie is hiding him in the woods to protect him until the treatment is available. During his transformation into becoming a zombie, Julie is doing everything in her power to help Joey keep his humanity. She brings him pictures every day, and reminds him of all the love they have for each other and their plans of getting married. Also, we find out that Julie, although she is only a HS senior, is pregnant with Joey’s baby (before he is bitten). Julie also feeds Joey two times a day raw meet so he will not feed off of humans. The plan seems to be working until Julie’s brothers tell dad (played by me) that she is up to something in the woods. Dad is concerned for his daughters safety so he grabs his gun and investigates with his two boys and a neighbor kid.

I was completely into the movie when they where beating the zombie in the back yard.. VERY good.. Didn't REALLY like the story line though.

All up, loved it.

Would have loved to see some better acting but you can't do much about that I guess.

Thanks guys, I used my son's friends and parents, but the next script I will have auditions. My son is the only one that has had any training. I also learned from watching is that I'm not an actor, lol, I played the dad.

@ROC We used a Canon hf m300. We did not use an external microphone and that was a problem. Due to the wind we had to remove a few scenes and all the audio in the back yard scene.

Back