• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Hong Kong: A Towering City

This is a documentary I shot using a small camera and no tripod when I was on holiday in Hong Kong a few weeks back. Feedback appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzzUoo0aFiQ

Oh, my God, Hong Kong has sky-scrapers! And there's another sky-scraper. And another. And another! Holy Jesus, Hong Kong has lots and lots of sky-scrapers!

Dude, I'm sorry to be blunt, but this isn't a documentary; this is vacation footage. If you're honestly interested in making documentaries, it requires some kind of narrative, and that narrative usually shouldn't involve a three-minute-long montage of sky-scrapers.

Instead of hours and hours of footage of skyscrapers, and freeways, and subways, and shopping malls, next time you should get hours and hours of interviews -- the interview is the centerpiece of almost all documentaries for good reason.

I don't know, CF, but I think your review is a little harsh. Granted, this may be something like a Travel Channel piece, but telling a story with pictures and some man on the street interviews is something we see all the time. That said, this could be whittled down to 5 minutes with the best footage and interview bites.

Good job!

Back