View Full Version : Your Favorite Festivals

PaulGriffith
04-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey guys, I'm submitting a short for the first time to festivals. I have the withoutabox profile all set up and am good to go, but there's SO many out there, all with entry fees, and it's hard to narrow down a few.

What are your favorite festivals? Which ones have you found to be beneficial in the past?

We're entering NOBLE (indietalk screening room link (http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=170424)). It's 12 minutes, an Action/Thriller Narrative. Not Student work.

Thanks for the input!

Gonzo_Entertainment
04-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Enter "Dam Short" in Nevada for sure. Great festival, really well suppoprted (audience size) by the local community, treat the filmmakers VERY well. Probably my best festival experience.

directorik
04-06-2011, 10:21 AM
What are your favorite festivals? Which ones have you found to be beneficial in the past?

What do you mean by beneficial?

PaulGriffith
04-06-2011, 01:20 PM
What do you mean by beneficial?

I guess the best audience size/audience awareness/promotion to entry fee ratio. I'd rather spend the $30-50 entry fees on what's going to get the best bang for the buck, you know?

@Gonzo, thanks, I'll look into that one for sure!

Morris
04-06-2011, 06:09 PM
There are also some short festivals that don't charge fees. Some are listed on withoutabox.