Submission conumdrum

Okay, here's my problem --

Los Angeles Film Festival is very prestigious. According to the googling I've done, it seems to be on everyone's top-ten list of most prestgious festivals in the United States. Obviously, that means it is very comepetitive and very difficult to get into.

The Los Angeles Comedy Film Festival is rather new, and not nearly on the same level as the Los Angeles Film Festival (and thus, not as difficult to get into). Regardless, I'd still love to have my movie screened there.

I can't screen at both. They both require that any films screened are a Los Angeles debut. It's very possible that I might get rejected by both. But what if I'm accepted by both?

In that extremely-hypothetical scenario, I'd want to be able to choose which one to screen at, and of course I'd prefer to screen at Los Angeles Film Festival. Problem is, Los Angeles Comedy Film Festival takes place a few weeks before Los Angeles Film Festival, and since they're a startup festival, my submission DVD could also function as the screening DVD (they don't require HDCAM or 35mm, but just DVD). So, even if I wanted to tell them nevermind, don't screen my movie, I really don't have any power to do so, do I? As soon as I send them my DVD, and my submission, they hold all the cards, do they not?

Again, this is hypothetical. The odds are that Los Angeles Film Festival will probably reject my film. But, hypothetically, if they both accept me, is there any way to stop Los Angeles Comedy Film Festival from screening my film? Of course, I would just politely ask, but what if that doesn't work?

But, hypothetically, if they both accept me, is there any way to stop Los Angeles Comedy Film Festival from screening my film? Of course, I would just politely ask, but what if that doesn't work?
When you get the acceptance into the Comedy festival you
decline in writing. There is really nothing you can do if they
screen your movie without your permission other than take
legal action.

It's be great to face that, wouldn't it?

Thanks. I kinda thought that by submitting the film, I was already giving them permission, but if I can decline after acceptance, then that'd be great.

Yes, this would be a very nice "problem" to have. In all honesty, I'd be thrilled to have my movie screen at the LA Comedy Fest.

Back