• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Singularity - experimental animation

This is a video I made for my portfolio using After Effects and a suite of plugins and expressions (some copy pasted, most written by myself) to create a sort of...story.

I'm going to be honest, at first I worked on this for the sake of working on it, but eventually it turned into something and I went with it. Basically I'm going for some sort of Chaos vs Order theme, where the first scene is the order, things are symmetrical and in regular fashion. The cut to the next scene shows this order being destroyed, and the chaos we live in begins.

I like astronomy so it eventually turned into a mix of the Big Bang and a bunch of other things put together in a mish mash of chaotic mographs. ANYWAYS, I've presenting this video to a couple schools in the next few weeks, and any comments / criticism would be appreciated.

PS I know it ends rather abruptly at 2:00, my problem was that I was getting carried away and then I remembered I had to keep it under 2:00 long, and my first interview is tomorrow, so I can't change it for that one, but any future interviews I can change.

ENJOY!! :)
HD Vimeo Link: http://vimeo.com/20590330

SD Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIzwMj1zkZQ

PPS I havn't posted in a while, but I've been lurking ;)

Last edited:
If you enjoy manipulating custom expressions in AE, you would probably really like this script called "parametric array" for max. You can do amazing things with it, and it only takes a week to master.

man... some times i just need something like that... thanks !!!

Thanks man, glad you liked it! Usually I get tired of my own work pretty quickly as I watch it at least 50 times to make sure there are no problems, but I still come back to this one, it somehow relaxes me. :)

If you enjoy manipulating custom expressions in AE, you would probably really like this script called "parametric array" for max. You can do amazing things with it, and it only takes a week to master.

That sounds interesting, I've been wanting to get into max, but I've been putting it off, this might be my push. Thanks for the info!

Back