Could anyone recommend a purchase?

Hi guys, finally found enough money to get myself a half decent camera. Looking to grab a second hand one (unless advised otherwise). I have a budget of up to £2'000, I'm sure there is someone on here with enough experience to advise a decent camera for this budget! Any help and/or links would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I have an iMac with Final Cut Pro, and I have a friend who has just completed an audio-related degree course (not sure exactly which one) and has some decent equipment who I'll be working with most of the time. I'm mainly looking for a camera with high quality visual aspects, with a lot of manual control i.e. manual focus etc...

Yeah, was kind of looking for a more traditional camcorder. Had a quick go on a PD170 back in the college days, but didn't really have enough time to form an opinion on it. If I remember correctly, they're relatively cheap second hand, I could be wrong though.

Just be sure that your camera interfaces with the Mac without problems, and keep your software up-to-date.

See if you can lock in an audio equipment list; you may have to fill in a few holes.

And again, you'll need all the accessories - tripod, lighting (even if it's the Home Depot kind), slate, C-stands, etc. The accessories will last you through numerous cameras.

Back