• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Award-Winning Script Available: The Film You Want To See

Dear Industry Professionals,

I'm looking to sell/option or collaborate with a filmmaker on my micro-budget feature-length psych thriller. The story is edgy, dark with compelling characters and an ending that is both unpredictable and shocking. The script is very insulated in terms of setting and 70% is set in a high-security privatized correctional facility.

Screenplay Title: FACTICITY

FACTICITY definition: The sum of an individual's genetic and environmental influences

Logline: A psychologist’s struggle for scientific objectivity of a sex offender is challenged by
memories of her own haunted past.

Budget: Mirco/Low

WGA: 1236868

Main Character Breakdown:

1. Protagonist - Gabrielle - (30's) - Career-driven clinical psychologist with intimating good looks, prides herself in emotional detachment until she reconnects with James, her former abuser and struggles to come to terms with her personal demons.

2. Antagonist - James - (40's) - Charming yet narcissistic sociopath who had abducted and raped Gabrielle as a young girl 22 years ago is once again trying to slither his way back into her life and regain control over her, body and soul.

3. Antihero - Hayden - (20's) - An ornery handy bastard suspected of beating and burning down houses of suspected pedophiles reluctantly helps Gabrielle in her book research in return for early probation.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me via email or PM
jhawkins2880@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jennifer

I like the logline.

The character breakdown is unnecessary in this kind of pitch.

One thing you don't mention (which I think is very important)
is what awards this screenplay has won. Industry professionals
are going to want to know this.

Hi Directorik,

Thanks for your feedback. It really means a lot to me.

I wasn't sure whether to leave my logline as is. I sent out 200+ query letters to production companies in the past and only one agent/manager whom I queried FACTICITY to on Virtual Pitch Fest, had a problem with it, LOL. He said my logline lacked clarity to the story's central theme.

I'm finishing my 3rd and final revision of this spec with the moral support I've been receiving from my writing peers at the Las Vegas Screenwriting Meetup group that I attend. I tightened the story's structure which has improved the storyline immensely and plan to send it out again to a few screenplay competitions but I honestly don't have must hope that winning even prestigious contests will elevate a writer's career unless maybe if its the Nichol Fellowship. I know quite a few talented writers who won First and Second Place in various screenplay circuits and complain its a waste of money.

Concerning screenplay awards - The 2nd draft of FACTICITY was a 2010 Quarterfinalist at Slamdance Screenplay Competition and a 2010 Runner-up at the AAA Screenplay Awards.

As of now, I think I have a much better chance of getting a group of filmmakers together and shooting this script ourselves. I'm becoming very very frustrated and disillusioned with the whole industry. I've written 15 quality spec scripts with several Options to my resume and still having a hard time getting a decent manager/agent.

For many other struggling script writers that are in the same boat, the publishing industry seems very appealing since you don't have to rely on producers, investors, ect... and am seriously considering this path as well. I'm just getting so tired of all these empty promises from former producers I talked with who really were interested in some of specs but the projects fell by the wayside due to lack of investor funding.

~ Jen

Last edited:
Back