Quality FX/Animation (Independent friendly!)

Hi, my name is Larry Adlon, and I've been a visual effects /animation artist for over 20 years. Several years ago, I broke from the fx houses I was working at, and formed my own company, Laer Digital Works.

I am here to bring digital visual effects and animation within the budgets of independent filmmakers, by providing effective solutions, and flexibility. So many times, I've seen (for example) fx shots done with 'tech-overkill'. If a CG truck is going to appear as a small speck in the background, why spend 3 weeks building (and charging for) a complex truck model? I look at what the end result needs to be, as well as your intended budget, and try and find a sensable solution.

Independent filmmakers are often either frustrated with the lackluster efforts of 'cheap' providers... or can't affort (or don't even get responses) from the bigger houses. I'm sort of the guy in between! I'm not dirt cheap (although I am flexible and considerate to the limited budgets), and I'm not WETA digital (and I will let you know if something is out of my scope, and won't sell you more than you need)... but I have surprised and pleased my past clients with 'what they want, and within their budget'. I have a sincere desire to make the shots look great, and never deliver something I feel is not worthy. I keep costs down by finding efficient methods of creating the visual you are after.

There are no surprises either (other than, hopefully, your expectations being met or exceeded!). I give frequent progress resports and sammple images, and keep a one-to-one contact with you throughout. There is no 'waiting and wondering', and emails are responded to on the same day (usually!).

Past projects have included:

-Billy Bob's Medicine Show And Zombie Huntin' Emporium (Short promotional zombie film for the upcoming feature 'My Boring Zombie Apocalypse'). I did bloody digital bullet hits (where there were no practical hit fx done), digital wounds, and eye whitening.

-Air Farce (CBC comedy series). I have been doing a wide variety of fx and animation for the show over its last few seasons, and continue to do fx for the new years eve specials.

-Night Of The Living Dead: Reanimated (Animated, multi-artist version of the classic zombie film). I was one of the many animation contributers to the film, doing my traditional 'cutout' style animation.

-Gun flares for the film Land Of The Dead (...hrmm, I seem to be doing a lot of zombie stuff!)

-...and I even did many of the CG segments of the old Beetlejuice cartoon series!

I cater to clients with both large and small budgets, and really try to give the most in all the work. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, a jack-of-all-trades, and very passionate about my work.

Check out my website(s): www.laerworks.com
I'm also have an IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004420/
A YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ladlon?feature=mhum
And A LinkedIn page: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/larry-adlon/1/459/33b

Have a look, and please consider me if you are in need of visual effects, animation, graphics... even music or other artistic services. Spread the word! I'm sure there are others who are trying to find a solution, too!

Don't assume it can't be done, or you can't afford it! Contact me for a no-pressure, no-obligation, down-to-earth chat about what I may be able to do for you! Relax, I'm one of the good guys!

Cheers, and much success in your projects!

Last edited:
Back