AF-AG100

Has anyone used or seen footage from this camera? By footage I mean something that wasn't made by

Panasonic or someone boosting for panasonic. By used I mean.....used.:)

I have one sitting right here! AWESOME camera.
There is a TON of video out there...Vimeo has an AF100 group.

LOTS of info. on 'other' forums....just do a search.

DSC_0022_sm.jpg

never mind the camera.. did you see the legs on the slider.. wow! ;)

(the first ones free ZaZaCast!)

You're the best Wheatgrinder! :D
Now go check out the new basic feet.

But I digress. If you're looking for a 'cinema' camera....look at the AF100.
I loved it from the first frame and it just keeps getting better the more I play with it.
I can use all my Nikon primes without the hassle and light loss of the 35mm adapter, that alone
is worth the price. Then there is the over/under-cranking....smooth as silk slo-mo.

Really sweet camera. I'm shooting a film the end of this month as a first project.
Stay tuned....

:grumpy:
I WISH I HAD ONE

Hahaha, but wow, it looks amazing and I'll take your word on how it works. I can't wait to play around with one soon. I hear nothing but great things.

True, even with a background in photography it took me a long time to stop thinking of focal lengths in 16mm terms after college. Just got use to 24mm being "normal" and so on. There's plenty of wide angle very fast lens options in c-mount if you are willing to do a slight crop in post. Not ideal, but from samples I've seen it's not a deal breaker.

Prices on that glass are coming down too. Heck, I saw an Angineux 12-120 c-mount zoom in flawless condition for less than the retail price of the 14-140 m4/3 lens that ships with the more expensive GH2 kit.

Especially for web, on one of my regular gigs we crop 1080 from an EX1 to get the occasional close where there was none for corporate videos delivered on the web all the time. I'd have to see how this came out when done for projection, but if I was in a position to shoot with an AF-100 for theatrical projection, I'd probably push for a KiPro or similar box and record from the HD-SDI out rather than with the camera codec.

I'm rambling. Sorry, turns out media managing has large stretches of down time. :lol:

Edit:

Also, I forgot to mention, but that's a sweet slider. Have you tried using it in the vertical position with your new Panny yet?

Only time I've ever done it was my DP managed to get a light in the upper right corner of a shot, and I had the editor digital zoom in ever so slightly to crop it out.

I am thinking REALLY hard about getting a GH2 instead of a 7D as a test run on 4/3 sensors. I have a ton of Pentax, and a fair bit of Nikon glass lying around.

You may have already seen this, but just in case:

http://www.eoshd.com/content/460-Canon-60D-versus-Panasonic-GH2-Full-Review-Part-1

I'm basically 94.567% sold on getting a GH2. I'm probably just waiting for them to start shipping them in the states.
Edit: I know that kinda sounds lame, but I've also been saving $$ as well. Nature of life I guess.

I still have the occasional second thoughts about the sensor size as well - especially how it would be perceived by people. "Wait, that's not a (7D/5D), it can't be as good." You know, ProducerSpeak.

OTOH, I don't really see myself hiring out a GH2, so that matters less and less as I continue to talk myself into it. :lol:

I still have the occasional second thoughts about the sensor size as well - especially how it would be perceived by people. "Wait, that's not a (7D/5D), it can't be as good." You know, ProducerSpeak.

OTOH, I don't really see myself hiring out a GH2, so that matters less and less as I continue to talk myself into it. :lol:

David, do you mean that you would not advertise that you were a DP with a GH2?

Back