Production on New Animated Monologue

At the point in animating, where I am certain that I'm creating the biggest piece of sh** ever. This usually means I'm on the right track. Have the secondary characters created and almost ready. Should be finished by tomorrow. Will be posted on Monday. Does anyone else feel like they go through the seven stages of grief every time they work on a project?

At the point in animating, where I am certain that I'm creating the biggest piece of sh** ever. This usually means I'm on the right track. Have the secondary characters created and almost ready. Should be finished by tomorrow. Will be posted on Monday. Does anyone else feel like they go through the seven stages of grief every time they work on a project?

Always... until I see the final product :)

ah, I totally understand that. I NEVER meet the high bar I set for myself, and usually people basically tell me to shut up, to stop talking like I'm no good. which I still believe I'm not, but yeah, like Marcus said, until I see it, usually after a while, although I usually wince at a lot of parts. I can sit back and enjoy what I animated.

To paraphrase Mike Krahulik from Penny Arcade: The thing that keeps an artist going is the possibility of creating something that won't completely embarrass you before you die. That about sums it up for me:)

hey, you seem to have a good amount of self discipline, so I think it'll be good. lol. I'm still looking for creative opportunity for my own animation work, so if you ever want to collaborate, message. can't wait to see your work.

Indeed.

Yeah, it's never perfect, which is one of the things that probably makes it great. We keep striving for this ideal which we know we can never reach.

Back