Canon HG10

First off hey :) this is my first post

Basically I'm gonna be making a 5 minute short film for my film studies class. Now the cameras the college can provide me with are ok ... but they are not great. The camera I borrowed from them the other day was a Sony VP HMX10, which was suitable for my film but was still fairly lacking.

Considering I want to continue making films in my spare time and hopefully at university or something, I decided it could be a good time to purchase my own camera seeing as christmas is coming up an' all. Now I haven't had a massive amount of time to research this but from what I've seen so far, the Canon HG10 looks great for what I need it for and for the price (I dont really wanna be spending more than £500).

From the reviews I've read plus some youtube videos this camera looks really good however it's about 2 or 3 years old. Amazon UK ain't even stocking it, they are selling it through another company. So what I'm saying is, for the price could I get something better?

The technical features that are essential in the camera I'm looking for are:

- Microphone jack
- Optical zoom
- Manual focus
- Manual white balance (apparently this is pretty important)
- The option to shoot at 60fps would be good as well considering I'm gonna want a fair amount of slow mo in my short film.
- HDMI input would be nice but not essential

If I have to, I may be willing to go a little bit above £500

Back