Panasonic GH2 DSLR thoughts

Hi all,
I just learned that through my employer, I get employee pricing for Panasonic products! That puts a GH2 in my hands for $650!

AF1000 doesn't seem to be available yet :-( (too much for my blood anyway!)

What I like is that I can use a NO GLASS adapter and use all my canon FD prime lenses that I love so much.

anybody have thoughts?

Thanks

All I've seen of this camera is the c-mount adapter. It looks beautiful. It gives that old feel and really washed colors. I like it a lot.
When I first saw it, I thought twice about the 7D

I'm pretty stoked about this particular camera. Tried to amalgamate some info here:

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=26058

I think Mr. Bloom tested the HDMI out during record, can't recall the resolution results but I want to say it was a clean signal without all the red record indicator and such that folks complained about in early Canon setups.

Let me look around about the 60p question. I really only wanted 24p native and the ability to use (like you noticed) a wide range of glass - particularly c-mount stuff because it is easy to find very fast c-mount lenses and the samples I saw had an acceptible level of crop in order to completely kill the hard vignette caused by not quite covering.

That said, I need a DSLR for stills anyway, and the crop on this camera should be interesting when combined with really long lenses for some of the photography I like to do - the video aspect here is icing. A tool to practice with. Something to have fun with. Etc.

Oh, and I'm sending you a PM. :P

Whoa, those are pretty glowing reviews. Making me reconsider everything I have thought about my upcoming camera purchase.

Definitely. Even when I pre-ordered the camera months ago I didn't expect it to beat out the 60D by such a great margin. Once I get a chance to play around with the camera myself I'll post my impressions.

Last edited:
My main concern is the 2X crop. You still have the same field of view, so you could just move the camera back, but unless you use the 4/3 lenses you don't really have a wide angle option for interiors.

Another thing I wonder aout, and have been trying to research is why the Nikon D7000 gets no love. It seems in price to compare to the 7D with similar capabilities, and an equal or bettter build quality.

Last edited:
Definitely. Even when I pre-ordered the camera months ago I didn't expect it to beat out the 60D by such a great margin. Once I get a chance to play around with the camera myself I'll post my impressions.

Looking forward to that. What's the news on the delays, have you gotten a estimated delivery date yet?

Back