Canon 550D, good for short films?

I am a completely newbie to the film making scene, young too, i know hardly anything.
After doing a few days of research im looking into purchasing a Canon 550D, would this be considered a good camera for short film and such? would i better off going with a more expensive model like the 7D?
The reason i chose this camera is it seems to be the most affordable yet best quality camera.
thanks.

550D is good budget camera for short films. The video quality is the same as the 7D.

There are differences between the two models (their photography capabilities, build quality etc.) but it is usually recommended when being on a budget to buy the 550D so u r left with more money in ur budget for lenses.

To find out more just search through older threads as this topic has been discussed extensively.

EDIT: Oh and welcome to the boards!

550D is good budget camera for short films. The video quality is the same as the 7D.

There are differences between the two models (their photography capabilities, build quality etc.) but it is usually recommended when being on a budget to buy the 550D so u r left with more money in ur budget for lenses.

To find out more just search through older threads as this topic has been discussed extensively.

EDIT: Oh and welcome to the boards!

thanks a lot! yeah i kinda realized that the canon 550D is probably an over discussed topic after seeing about 3 threads about it within 5 pages

Back