• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch If You Could Talk

The visual setup is nice. I like that for a long time, it's never actually stated what the question is that they're answering. At one point, somebody says something like, "If I was talking to God..." It's not necessary. It doesn't take very long to figure out what the question is that they're being asked, and I think it's better if you never spell it out for us.

My main critique is that you're not really saying anything. Okay, so you got a bunch of atheists who are pissed off at God. But there's not much of a narrative, beyond that. This feels like more of a promo video to me -- something that is designed to picque my interest. It doesn't feel like a complete piece, cuz there's not much of a point to it. And five minutes is a really long time to not say anything.

If you were to expand it, I'd use what you've done here as some sort of a prologue, but I'd shorten it's length, significantly. Then, after this opening (which could be a really strong openning), I'd want to get into more specifics, and use people's experiences to create a narrative that really says something. What are you trying to say? Before you even think of expanding this to 20 minutes, you should be able to answer that most simple question.

Back