• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Exciting Feature needs funding

Hi everyone,

My team and I are currently in the development stage of our next feature film 'Frozen in Time'. The film, which is scheduled to be shot in February 2012, will be shot on RED 4k by Cameraman David Reynolds-Lacey - CableCam operator on Charlie and Chocolate Factory. I've worked with him previously and the results were fantastic.

I am also in talks with several agents for their clients appearing in the film. Most of you will wonder who the actors are, but as it's really early on I don't want to build hopes up. But I can say they are big names; names that everyone will know.

But here's my problem. Most actors won't commit unless funding is in place (or unless you offer a pay or play contract). But we don't have the money. Having said that, if we had the actors, we could get the money. A vicious circle you see. Would you wave your chequebook around if you knew who exactly has signed up to the film? Most likely. I know I would.

So what now?

Well, we are looking for investors to buy shares in the film. There are a number of benefits:

• Have access to news of the Film’s progress via the website with username and password.
• Visit a location of the Film while shooting and have lunch with the cast and crew.
• Participate as extras subject to the production schedule.
• Attend a private screening of the completed film.
• Have the opportunity to make a considerable amount of money.

By now you must be asking yourself how much each share is worth. We know it may take you by surprise when I reveal the figure, but this was intended for companies. Having said that, if you can’t manage alone, syndicates of friends/families/colleagues are more than welcome. A syndicate can be an individual or a family or any other group.

But we need one person as the named individual on the loan agreement and only one cheque/bank transfer from us each year, so you’d have to make an agreement between yourselves as to who would take on the responsibility of sharing out the cash.

No doubt there is an element of risk. If the film doesn't perform as well as we hope, then you could lose your investment. If its successful, which we intend it to be, then you could receive all your money back plus a whole lot more.

There are 50 Shares up for grabs, each worth 1% of the film. Should the film be successful, you will be entitled to a percentage of the net profits - If you buy 5 Shares, you will receive 5% of net profits. 10 Shares, 10% etc. The value of each share is £4000. We are hoping to raise £200,000.

I have several contacts with people in film distribution and several marketing companies who can generate the press and start the hype. We intend this film to be released in Cinemas nationally, and depending on its success, internationally (US market).

It's more than possible - just look at Paranormal Activity - the hype surrounding that film - it was made for $15,000 and grossed over $193,000,000. Blair Witch Project, Super Size Me, The Fully Monty - the list goes on.

As I previously mentioned, this was intended for Companies, but I figured on here there would be 2 answers I'd receive - yes or no. So what harm can it do in asking for your support? Every 2 or 3 months, we will be holding events for companies to get together, sit through a short presentation about the film, what we're going to do with it and how their money can help make them more money. With 10 - 20 potential investors at a time, we are hoping that the evening will be a success. Of course we're not expecting everyone on here to raise the full amount - but I was reading some previous posts and one person who was responding to a post like this asked what happens to their money if the film doesn't raise the budget. And I think that's a good question to ask. We have until January 2012 to raise the money - if we don't make it, everyone gets their money back.

There's not a lot of information that we can give out regarding who's in it, the synopsis etc for there to be a website, but please see our company website www.eapfilms.com - this should hopefully be enough information on there to show that we're not just average Joe wanting to make a film. We do take this incredibly seriously and we hope that you do too. Of course if there's any questions you want to ask, please feel free to ask away.

Many thanks,

Dan
www.eapfilms.com

Last edited:
UPDATE:

After researching funding methods, I came across crowdfunding. As many of you are probably aware, this seems to be the best method of funding any kind of project.

The project in my previous post that I'm referring to is: http://www.frozenthefilm.com - please feel free to look around the site.

We've started this site today (24th Jan 2011) and already we've had a donation.

Any contributions will help.

Thank you for your continued support.

Dan

Back