• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Clock Ticks - Short Film

Keep doing It ! Very entertaining.

I see that you are a 1 man film crew and prolly acted as well. Needs some camera movement. Study films an see how others ( the masters ) move their cams. Work on using that to develop/ show your expressions.. I see you had some focus and lighting issues. The sound was decent, the music was excellent, good job on that.

Get others involved. Rob a liquor store or whatever to get that T2i and some prime lenses and learn how to use them. Play w/ some basic lighting and work on using 3 point lighting and the like, then break all the rules from time to time.

STILL keep on keeping on ! This is an art and takes time to learn. I have MUCH to learn meself, so I shall keep on cranking it out.

Yeah, as I was watching it, I too agree that it needs more camera movement but I also took into consideration that you're a one man crew too. Your acting is pretty spot on. Great choice of music! Very quirky with a sly sense of humor. Like IndieBudget said, "Keep on keeping on!"

Thanks for the tips guys.

Of course ill keep on. And yes i wish i could have more camera movement. Just very hard with one man. But im getting actors soon.

Okay I'm gonna be all over the place....Get ready.
1. Stop punching your closet door.
2. I recommend you ditch the black from your bedroom suite, and go with some sort of gaudy blue.??
3.The big problem I have with this, is that the problem is too easily solvable. But hey when you can't sleep, life is a mother.

I liked it.

I think I misspelled solvable and misspelled.??

Dude, your action's not cutting together. Jump-cut after jump-cut after jump-cut, and I get the feeling they weren't intentional. In one shot, he stands up, then in the next shot, he stands up. In one shot, he opens the door, then in the next shot, he opens the door. Even little stuff is noticeable, like the way he scratches his face. Even little stuff needs to match up, as best you can, from shot to shot.

Somebody opening a door is the easiest way to cut on action. In the first shot (the one you've already got in your timeline), you line it up to a point at which he has begun to open the door, but just a little. In your preview screen, you load the clip that you want to cut to, and advance it just far enough that it appears to line up, action-wise, with the shot in the timeline. Set your in-point. Let it play a little longer than you plan to use it and set your out-point. Now drop it in the timeline. Once it's in the timeline, check it frame-by-frame, and in regular-speed to see how it matches up. Watch it over and over again. If it's off, adjust it a frame at a time, and keep watching it, until it's just right. This is how you match action for all kinds of shots, and the more you practice it, the faster it becomes. Some of your cuts are about 20 frames off, and honestly, your audience will notice even one frame of discrepancy.

Sorry, didn't mean to be over-critical. For what it's worth, I tend to only offer critique to those whose work has impressed me, in one way or another. This is a good first film.

Last edited:
Dude, your action's not cutting together. Jump-cut after jump-cut after jump-cut, and I get the feeling they weren't intentional. In one shot, he stands up, then in the next shot, he stands up. In one shot, he opens the door, then in the next shot, he opens the door. Even little stuff is noticeable, like the way he scratches his face. Even little stuff needs to match up, as best you can, from shot to shot.

Somebody opening a door is the easiest way to cut on action. In the first shot (the one you've already got in your timeline), you line it up to a point at which he has begun to open the door, but just a little. In your preview screen, you load the clip that you want to cut to, and advance it just far enough that it appears to line up, action-wise, with the shot in the timeline. Set your in-point. Let it play a little longer than you plan to use it and set your out-point. Now drop it in the timeline. Once it's in the timeline, check it frame-by-frame, and in regular-speed to see how it matches up. Watch it over and over again. If it's off, adjust it a frame at a time, and keep watching it, until it's just right. This is how you match action for all kinds of shots, and the more you practice it, the faster it becomes. Some of your cuts are about 20 frames off, and honestly, your audience will notice even one frame of discrepancy.

Sorry, didn't mean to be over-critical. For what it's worth, I tend to only offer critique to those whose work has impressed me, in one way or another. This is a good first film.

Im glad you guys have enjoyed it, to any extent.

First Murdock. I actually kicked it because my mom slapped me and i flipped out. lol. And Im not sure gaudy blue would match my drapes.

To Cracker. Thanks for the feedback. I noticed i had done that. Since then ive been trying not to. I believe i have gotten better about it since.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Back