• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Reflection - A strange film for thought...

Cool short! Generally speaking, I like where you put the camera, I like the pacing, and it's an interesting story. Also, nice musical selection, copyright infringement be damned!

Raineir Beer! Hah. You're a Northwesterner. Where's Hawkins? I'm not familiar with it.

I see you're a graduate of the Cracker Funk School of "Cinematography", where we advocate "lighting" a scene by simply flipping a switch. This approach only works, however, if you're using DSLR. Many of the shots in this short are beautiful otherwise, but we can't see them clearly enough.

Haha thanks man. It was a pretty amateur shoot. I had my schools tripod and camera. Hawkins is my last name, but this was shot two separate nights in Seattle. I managed to capture the shots needed while my friends were busy drinking. Brandon thought it would've been best to have the characters house saturated with Rainer beer cans lol.

The idea came to me in the image of someone alone and broken on the street. The rest of the movie kinda came to me as I listened to the song. I was sad to hear how it's illegal to use copyrighted music for a Vimeo video. I tried e-mailing Radiohead for permission, but I received no response. It's too bad. I really love their music. especially for movies.

Back