• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch FRAY

Read the whole F'ing Post

Okay!! I'm calling BS @ 2:00. "you just seemed like a chance worth taking." Why? What chance?

It was some dude sitting in a pub reading!! F'in reading!! What chance is there?......Okay I'll keep

watching. He's in the shower. :) Not gay.....He kills his GF.....Beginning at:4:43 You might want

to make what's from the character's perspective "out/in" focus and what's in the audience's

perpective only "in focus".....I really like the painting on the wall at 6:36. Kinda Dali-esque but not

really. but I like it.....@ 7:36 We should see him say "no" then see her reaction to this "slight",

then his relief of the situation by "grabbing" a kiss. You don't do this.....I never get

these "frolicking" scenes. I know it's cause I'm a weirdo, but every time the wife and I try to

frolick, someone gets hurt...??? Point being it doesn't feel natural......Oh wait, I already knew, he

killed his GF.....@ 5:30 partII: his pleading is unconvincing.

Okay, this bothered me throughout the whole film. The lead actress never speaks with her upper lip. Everything is said as if she were smiling. You can hear it.

I really enjoyed the idea. Very good film.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input :)

I totally see where your coming from with a few of your points. That opening scene dialog has always killed me. I was going to remove the whole opening dialogue at one point, but I left it in mainly to be able to use that line at the end of the film as well. I may make a cut without it just to see if the film still flows okay.

I also agree with the focusing style during the hospital bed scene. When we were shooting it, I was a bit over zealous on the blurring.

As far as the GF being killed, that's not really intended to be a secret, it's pretty easy to figure out. the second time around is just a painful reminder of what happened and the circumstances that caused it.

Thanks again for writing something, I was beginning to think no one was actually watching it haha

Back