• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Tea for Two - 3 Minute Short Film

I liked it a lot!
One of the things was a bit distracting to me - the camera was shaking a little bit too much, but that not that of a big deal.
the durations of the shorts was perfect. I didnt feel like they were too long or two short.

Looking forward to see more of your work

excellent man, very well done. the pacing was brilliant and the sound design was spot on. true, a steadicam would've helped but not a big deal. if i were to offer one suggestion i think tweaking the color grading would really help the visuals pop a bit more - it's a bit heavy on the grays and earthtones. look forward to seeing more of your work! (the child is absolutely adorable btw)

I enjoyed it, great work! Acting was wonderfully understated, and it's cut together really well. The handheld camera was fine most of the time and suited it nicely - it was only on the tracking shots where it got a bit much for me. Sound design was great, and definitely added to it rather than distracting as it sometimes does. I agree with onesmallstep about the colour grading: would have liked to see a bit more pop/saturation in some places to complement the greys and earthy tones. Overall, I'd be really proud of this :)

what a lovely little film! Such a simple idea but it manages to evoke a whole range of emotions. Excellent stuff, im gonna have to have a look at some of your others now.

i really really really enjoyed this! great work, truly. you did quite a fine job directing the little girl. any relation? personally, i was a fan of the handheld work. it was really fitting i thought.

I'm gonna echo everyone else and say I loved it!

But maybe less shaky with the handheld, this isn't the Bourne Identity :P

Two thumbs up, though!

PS: You spelled Spielberg wrong ;)

Got to say I disagree with the criticism of the handheld, I liked it. It doesn't have to be action to warrant the use of handheld cameras, it can (as it does in this case) add a sense of intimacy.

I feel that the handheld by itself was not a bad thing, but there were just a couple shots where it got VERY shaky. One in particular when they were sitting there having tea and it was just a shot of the old man, not moving or doing anything frantic, yet the camera was absolutely going bonkers.

I'm not opposed to handheld, but it should be held as still as possible, especially during scenes where the actors are sitting or standing still.

edit: I watched it again to find the mark of what I'm talking about. it's around the 2:30 mark, when the old man unwraps the candy bar and takes his first bite. I think that was way to shaky for the amount of action being shown.

Last edited:
Hey there guys! Thank you all so so much for the lovley comments on my film! :) i really appreciate it - it's my student film that i hope to use to get into a film school!

In response to the handheld camera movements (especially that of the shot where the old man un-wraps the chocolate): The reason it was a little TOO shaky was for this entire film i had to be on my feet as i held the camera and filmed and i was filming with one hand so i could give direction with my other to the little girl in the film (which was no easy task :P) haha, but yeah - i think i'm definitely going to invest in a SteadiCam at some point!

Back