• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Sleepless (Lovecratian-Horror Short, my first film.)

This is a Short film I did for my Digital Cinematography midterm at Bowie State University. It was an exercise in using a wide variety of shot types (wide angle, close up, high angle, etc.) to tell a story. We were not allowed to use color or live sound and the film had to be shot in chronological sequence (limited editing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7gRqajuKVo

Personally, I'm pretty pleased with the results since I've never touched a home camcorder before this project.

If you have a youtube account, feel free to comment there as well.

Not bad. Seemed like a lot of it was out of focus. The sound fit the situation, but I thought it was

anticlimatic. That vine tentacle thing was cool. At the end, I'm guessing you were going for a "dark

abyss" look. It would have worked better if you could have pulled the sheet more taught. Over-all

pretty good.

It was nice. For a first endeavor excellent. The shots of the door were a little long, but no biggie. If I had to point out one thing, it's an editing thing. At the 1:00 - 1: 04 mark where you go from the long shot of the door to the close up, you'll notice there's an error in the editing. It's a frame or two that doesn't fit. It might be a frame from another take.

Back