View Full Version : Sleepless (Lovecratian-Horror Short, my first film.)

Evil Iggy
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
This is a Short film I did for my Digital Cinematography midterm at Bowie State University. It was an exercise in using a wide variety of shot types (wide angle, close up, high angle, etc.) to tell a story. We were not allowed to use color or live sound and the film had to be shot in chronological sequence (limited editing).

G7gRqajuKVo

Personally, I'm pretty pleased with the results since I've never touched a home camcorder before this project.

If you have a youtube account, feel free to comment there as well.

Murdock
10-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Not bad. Seemed like a lot of it was out of focus. The sound fit the situation, but I thought it was

anticlimatic. That vine tentacle thing was cool. At the end, I'm guessing you were going for a "dark

abyss" look. It would have worked better if you could have pulled the sheet more taught. Over-all

pretty good.

ussinners
10-25-2010, 04:50 PM
It was nice. For a first endeavor excellent. The shots of the door were a little long, but no biggie. If I had to point out one thing, it's an editing thing. At the 1:00 - 1: 04 mark where you go from the long shot of the door to the close up, you'll notice there's an error in the editing. It's a frame or two that doesn't fit. It might be a frame from another take.