• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Dancing Girl - Sketch Comedy Film

Well the most important thing is that you have fun making it, which it appears that you did, so that's awesome. The second most important thing would be for your audience to have fun watching it, and I think there were a few things that kept that from happening. I would encourage you to just focus on the biggest problem first, and that would be sound. I couldn't hear/understand much of the dialogue so I'd read up on the net (and on this forum) about ways to make your sound more clear.

Then make another video and share it and we'll figure out the next thing you need to work on.

I've always had problem with sound simply because this is a one-lady production. Meaning, I dont' have a film crew or someone to hold a boom mic with stand.
I have thought about an external mic attached to myself, but I was not sure how to attach it unto the character's clothing.
I am essentially a performance artist with a vision.
This film was done in 06. Since then I have done several of these pieces.
I also don't have a camera person and its set up on a tripod the majority of the time.
That's why I call it a Sketch Film as opposed to a Film.

I watched part one. I didn’t think the sound was all that bad. A bit loud maybe, but I understood everything being said (in English). I thought it was funny and off the wall, and the characters worked. Was a bit long in ratio to what actually happens story wise.

-Thanks-

Wathched part II. It's way too long. And when you cut from yourself to......yourselk :) I would try to make what you are doing appropriate to the scene. Seems a lot of the time when you cut to one of the characters it looks like a loop. Hope that makes sense.

I think watching on the computer has a different effect on watching it on TV.
Also nowadays, most new films have many fast cuts.

I think watching on the computer has a different effect on watching it on TV.
Also nowadays, most new films have many fast cuts.

I agree. The point I was trying to convey is: If Man A Is standing on left hand side of screen(from audience point of view) and Lady B is on right hand side. If she is supose to be looking at Man A, when we cut to her, have her looking in Man A's direction. I hope that makes better sense. There's a "movie term" for this but it escapes me right now.

oh yes, I do know what you mean. I tried to make the camera angles as accurate as possible.
But I generally shoot the different characters on different days, so its possible I did miss some of the angles, or it will not look 100% accurate.

Back