• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Trailer: FIVE POUNDS

Drugs are bayad, m'kay. If you do drugs, you're bayad. M'kay.

I think you did a good job with this trailer. A lot of times, with indie trailers, I can't figure out what the movie is about. This one seems pretty straight forward -- dude finds drugs, dude uses/sells drugs, dude has to deal with repurcussions. If I could add one critique, I might tighten it up. 2:30 is pretty long for a trailer, and I'd be willing to bet you could shave 30-60 seconds off, while still giving us the info we need.

I'm not familiar with Santa Clara. Is that NoVa?

What he said ^^

I'm just speaking from a viewers perspective here, but it seemed a little long. Other than that, looks pretty good, I'd be interested to see it :)

"I'm not familiar with Santa Clara. Is that NoVa? "
No, juts a Jesuit university in San Jose. It's not big on film, but it's an awesome school.

Thank you all so much for the critiques. I think I could tighten it up too. I really appreciate all your posts and I'll let you all know what I do with the film once it's 100%. The trailer only touches the surface. It gets very crazy very fast and I'd say there are actually 3 narratives the film follows, the third hardly being featured in the trailer. Thanks again guys!

Oh, awesome. I'm familiar with Santa Clara, CA. I played against Santa Clara High School in football. I went to Palo Alto High School for a couple years.

Good luck on the rest of the edit.

Oh, awesome. I'm familiar with Santa Clara, CA. I played against Santa Clara High School in football. I went to Palo Alto High School for a couple years.

Good luck on the rest of the edit.

You do realise, you have completely contradicted yourself???:yes:

You do realise, you have completely contradicted yourself???:yes:

No, his location says "Washington D.C./Santa Clara", so I took that to mean that there must be a Santa Clara in Northern Virginia (NoVa, suburb of DC). I live in Richmond, VA. There is also a Richmond, CA. It's hypothetically possible that there is more than one Santa Clara. I didn't realize he meant Santa Clara, CA, which I do know, and have been to.

Don't sass me, Murdock!

Nice job. I actually want to see this movie, which is the main goal of a trailer--to make people want to see it. So you're a success there.

I do wonder why at some points the shots look like film and other times they look like video? Did you shoot at different frame rates? For instance, when the bad guy is first introduced and the music gets hardcore, that part looks very "filmic" if that's even a word. I'm wondering if the whole movie would look better if it all looked like that.

No, his location says "Washington D.C./Santa Clara", so I took that to mean that there must be a Santa Clara in Northern Virginia (NoVa, suburb of DC). I live in Richmond, VA. There is also a Richmond, CA. It's hypothetically possible that there is more than one Santa Clara. I didn't realize he meant Santa Clara, CA, which I do know, and have been to.

Don't sass me, Murdock!

I l:yes:ve you.

"I do wonder why at some points the shots look like film and other times they look like video? Did you shoot at different frame rates? For instance, when the bad guy is first introduced and the music gets hardcore, that part looks very "filmic" if that's even a word. I'm wondering if the whole movie would look better if it all looked like that. "

Yeah, when I was shooting Ben, the bad guy, I increased the shutter speed, shot it completely hand-held, and played with a lot of filters. For Alex, I used a tripod as often as I could and shot at a standard shutter speed.

Back