• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch a very short film about an unlucky astronaut

HAH I liked it. So was the guy with the mic god or just a big dude?? The begining reminded me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWOzUzJd6wM

haha, i hadn't even thought about the possibility of him being god. Its entirely up to your own interpretation though. I'd be interested to know if anyone else came to different conclusions.

Hah I really didn't see the end coming. Nice motion tracking with the window on the tiny rocket. Really enjoyed it!

cheers.
Yeah that motion track was made particularly difficult by the fact that I was tracking the camera back on an improvised dolly made from a lego train set. Wobbly as hell.

This thread came up while I was searching for something else… and I realised I've worked with the astronaut! Small world. Funnily enough, I'm off to meet him tomorrow to look over the edit and colour grade for a short I gaffered and he wrote/directed earlier this year.

Love the film, by the way Greg!

This thread came up while I was searching for something else… and I realised I've worked with the astronaut! Small world. Funnily enough, I'm off to meet him tomorrow to look over the edit and colour grade for a short I gaffered and he wrote/directed earlier this year.

Love the film, by the way Greg!

Haha! yeah chris mentioned this came up, small world indeed. I look forward to seeing the film, it sounded good from what i'd heard about it from chris.

cheers.

No problem, what equipment did you use? and to edit?

it was shot on my little panasonic dv camera, nothing very fancy but its at the higher end of the 'home movie' amateur range. Ive since upgraded to a Nikon D90 so hopefully the next thing i do will at least look prettier. Did the rough edit in sony vegas and then used Adobe After Effects to superimpose the astronaut and add in the lights and writing on the screens etc.

Back