• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Happy Halloween - short film

I liked it. Cool locations, nice music. It’s refreshing to see something that works dialogue free for a change. I liked your other film a while back a lot too.

It’s a shame it’s your final cut, the editing seems slow in places in the beginning and then kind of disjointed in the choice of shot selection (arrangement) at times in the middle, but if you are happy then that's cool.

-Thanks-

Nice work. I like it. I'm a little confused by the ending. If this isn't definitely your final final cut, I would chop some of it down.

Hey look, she's walking. And there she is walking again. Oh, and now she's walking. Aaaand, now she's walking again. Just cut to the chase; you really don't need to show very much walking to establish the fact that she's walking through a park.

And then the action begins, and she's running. And then she's running again. Aaaaand, there she is running. Same thing; too much, just get to it, already.

Thought that was really well done. Nice use of black and white as well as colour. I think some of the chase scene could have benefitted from a bit more variation in shot choice - the music built up the mood really well, but wide shot after wide shot didn't ratchet up the tension enough for me. Overall though, I really enjoyed it.

I really liked it. Scoring was done great and I liked how you kept returning to the carousel.
Personally? I myself would have done the entire thing in black and white. But that's a personal preference. Cheers! Great job.

tbh i would've had more walking and running if i could have. we did a test of for the route of the running but apart from that the other shots were worked out on the day. the end of the chase was improved completely in about 10 mins.

it's a good problem to have but i had the use of set pieces of music, so i tried to edit to fit the music, which was hard to do sometimes. the composer is ceiri torjussen, and it was very kind of him to let me use his amazing music.

for the running away part, all the running away scenes i watched were the same and all the criticism about it has been the same, saying i should have done it the same as everyone elses, so i'm content with that. it was more about her running away than being chased.

i wanted to give the outdoor scenes a nice autumn feel like in 'halloween' otherwise i would have done it b&w, in fact the settings look great in b&w.

it's not an excuse but i didn't put much time in to this, it was about meeting a deadline and practising certain shots. some worked some didn't.

thanks for watching and taking the time to reply everyone. i do take every reply into consideration :)

Back