• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Trailer: Roma te tenet et amoR

Shot in Rome more than two years ago (summer 2008), this project is finally coming to an end. So it was time to launch a trailer.

You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM_4S9GjeS4&hd=1

Also, if you like it already, you can like the film on our Facebook page.

I know I'm new here and that it might be a bit offensive to make a promo-like first post, but I promise that I will be active here more!

www.romatetenetetamor.com
www.oculusfilm.com

You know what it reminded me of really??.....The Arthur movies with Dudley Moore. :) don't know why but it did.

Thanks for the replies! Maybe NickClapper is right a little about the marketing-stuff. But that is becaue I didn't know this forum before...I mean, it would be a marketing action also if I'd been a member and had some posts on my name already. That also why I apologised for it...but this forum seems more than nice to me, so you'll see me replying and reading a lot!

You know what it reminded me of really??.....The Arthur movies with Dudley Moore. :) don't know why but it did.

Haha, why? This short isn't even intended to be funny, but I can imagine it is a bit funny to hear our french scientist speak English, but anyway, it is supposed to be a heavy accent.

Thanks for the replies! Maybe NickClapper is right a little about the marketing-stuff. But that is becaue I didn't know this forum before...I mean, it would be a marketing action also if I'd been a member and had some posts on my name already. That also why I apologised for it...but this forum seems more than nice to me, so you'll see me replying and reading a lot!

Hey I didn't really mean it like that! :D

It's just that quite a lot of people do one promo post and then never come back, so it wastes peoples time when they are critiquing it. I'm more than happy to be wrong :cool:

Agreed, best of luck with it. You used one of my favourite pieces of music, too :)
Thanks! The music in the trailer will be totally different than in the actual short (we'll be using different arrangements of Fauré's song 'Après un rêve'), but we needed some music that had some action in it, and Beethoven didn't mind composing some for us:P haha, without jokes: his seventh is a great piece of music, pity that I needed to cut so much in it.
Well done, beautiful cinematography without over use of shallow DOF. This looks like a professional feature.
To be honest, there wasn't really a choice in that, since it was shot on a small sensor camera (DVX100A), but I agree with you about shallow DOF usage, many times it is just too much.

For the rest: thanks for the compliments: taht feels good:d...hopefully it'll be finished soon and for sure I will show it to you here!

Back