• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Worst Film You'll See Today

This is a film that somebody on my Film course mate made. This guy has claimed that he is going to be 'the world's greatest director' and said 'nobody directs action like me'. No joke. This is a film he made in our first year of University. The brief: 3 minutes long, no sound, with the starting point of 'Self portrait'. Let me just repeat, this was made by a film student and not a child. Enjoy, cringe, cry and please leave him some comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuNmocnzdzw

Why would you put someone else's work up with the preface "worst film you'll see" and put it up for criticism and scorn?

That is pretty low, puny...

Why would you put someone else's work up with the preface "worst film you'll see" and put it up for criticism and scorn?

That is pretty low, puny...

Because this guy is delusional and needs a reality check. Also, I think it is refreshing for amateur filmmakers to see truly bad filmmaking, so that they can avoid making the same mistakes.

Because this guy is delusional and needs a reality check. Also, I think it is refreshing for amateur filmmakers to see truly bad filmmaking, so that they can avoid making the same mistakes.

I'd be curious to see an example of your best work. I'll bet someone, somewhere, would have a blast making fun of how horrible it is. You might actually be extremely talented, but we all start somewhere, and nobody is just instantly awesome. Quit hatin', it's not good for you.

Dude, you're dead wrong.

If someone asks my honest opinion on a film I'll give it - if it's a horrible movie I'll say it.

The owner of that film you are showing isn't asking for my opinion so I won't give it.

Sounds like you're pretty insecure yourself and you have to put others down to make yourself feel better... That's pretty sick.

Imagine if someone took Steven Spielberg's first movie he made and put it on a message board like this and said he needed a reality check because he wants to be a director.

I'm sorry, but every person's first film I have ever seen has not been a masterpiece. You learn as you go.

I'd like to see your first film.

Last edited:
He's in his first yeah which would have started a month ago?, I doubt many on your course could make a brilliant movie yet, thats probably why your all at uni trying to learn the skills, pretty sad for you to come here to try and get other to laught at his work :/ .

lol wtf are you talking about Marlon. I love the LOTR map shots - the beginning is great - couldn't watch past it but I think up until they start talking in the woods it looks very professional.

Damn, I wanted to do a little Eye of the tiger clip with the kitten, and try to create an upset in the 'worst "Film" you'll see today' arena. :no:

-Thanks-

But the moment was fleeting, and now is gone. :no:

(It wouldn't have been bad ass though, I would have only used the same image one way, mirrored the other way, upside down, then like in like negative -to the beat. lol )

-Thanks-

I agree with what most of the responders are saying.

As for the video, it is not the worst. Content-wise it doesn't work for me, but there are some interesting graphics, edits and shots. If this person had a writer, I could see them improving, immediately. This project seems like an excuse to test out the editing software capabilities, which is something we all do in the beginning.

Not great, but definitely not the worst.

I'm all for honesty in reviews and I have to agree with the original poster. This short is not any good. If the director can learn from this then great, but if the director retains his undeserved ego then he will continue to make bad films.

For comparison, my first short film (done in four days from conception to finished video): Flight of the Chicken

And my second short film: Waffleman

And my most recent work: Adam Funn

Back