• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Film I just finished

That was cool. I liked your shot choices and the pacing. Although I think it was a little long, and the camera was too shaky most of the time. The shakiness worked best when he was running though.

Nice job there :)

Hey man, nice work. Like Dready, I also like a lot of the camera placement. I'll actually feel differently about pacing though -- I think you could speed up those cuts considerably, and really ramp up the tension by zipping it along at a whirlwind pace. I think you crossed the 360-line a couple times, and there were a couple jump-cuts. The big thing for me, though, is that I think it needs more energy, and I think that can come with a much more faster-paced edit.

Cheers!

I liked that a lot - aside from the audio on the first 90 seconds. That loop got really annoying, waiting for the audible re-loop.

Why is everything so washed out? (Also how? And I 'spose, what did you shoot on?)

It looked like it could have been cut from old dodgy Bollywood action films from the 70s & 80's. :)

The three gunmen are pretty darn creepy, in that Agent Smith way.

You know - it's just so different from what I'm used to, that I'm not even sure I can explain why I like it.

So... details, por favor!

@Cracker... yea i agree with ya.. its just that action aint my forte..and thats y i tried this...im learning a lot each day and i guess that's all we want...innit? thanks a lot :))

@Zensteve.. that version was done for goa fest and submitted 5mins before deadline closed so i uploaded a crappy version...hope this color pallete suits the environment more

Not bad, i like the shots u used, and like Dreaylocks said the shaky cam works well in the running scene. I'm a storyboard artist, can i just ask if u storyboarded this before u shot or u just had a shot list and went from there? (if u did board it is it uploaded anywhere on the net?)

Good job, scary though tho ey? cant carry water, nuts!!

@Murdock.. lol.. no.. is it cz of the 3 guys??

@yaksart.. thnx dude.. unfortunately we just had a shot list cz it was on 30th Aug I got the permission and the permission was for 1st Ooct...so I dint get the time..

@NathanH.. yea even think it was bad..i just got loads of trees in the bg which was a bitch to remove even after spending tons of time of rotoscoping using rotobrush (which m still learning)
I would have left the footage as it was had it been just sky..but we had shitloads of trees which had to b removed...
any tips on removing such complex bgs?? I use CS5...thanks :)

Nice, you had some good shots in the film. Some of the camera work was a bit shaky which I thought was ok during the chase scenes. I wish we could hear the sounds of the gunshots, I think it would of added a little more suspense. I'm not sure if the music entirely fit, for example when the guy shows up behind him and you go the close up of his eyes, maybe a change of pace in the music would help. I liked what you did with the sky toward the end where the clouds are moving in quickly. Obviously clouds don't move that fast in real time so I assume you did some sort of affect or maybe used an alpha channel or something? Anyways, good job. if I had to rate this I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars!

Last edited:
Back