Which lenses to buy for Canon 60D?

Hi guys, I am purchasing a Canon 60D this week and I am looking to buy two good lenses that are reasonably priced and will facilitate a variety of filming needs. What do you recommend?

"Good", "reasonably priced" and "variety" mean different things to different peopleā€¦ what's your budget, what kind of things will you be shooting and where?

24-70mm f2.8 is a great lens for videography aperture and focal length wise
50mm prime at f1.4 or f1.8 is also a good standard to have

Really, when looking at focal lengths and aperture, the same rings true regardless of camera, with small adjustments depending on sensor crop.

Glass and quality of the lens is another question. There is obviously a large difference between a Canon EOS lens and a Zeiss lens.

Also depends on what you are shooting. If you do fiction film, I would get a set of Canon FD or old Nikon prime lenses. They are solid, cheaper, fully manual, and produce great color.

Personally for my T2i im definently saving for one of the nifty fiftys probably the 1.8 cuz its the cheapest at the moment, you'll find though that in some situtations ull need something with some more power, zoom wise.

For example taking a video of a soccer game recently I noticed the shots look amateur because it looked so far away, but if I had something in the 100mm range i might've had something more appealing.

But to START I think a nifty fifty is the way to go, keep in mind they're primes, so no zooming.

Back