• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Snow Leopard Encounter Doc

Here is a short doc I did about my encounter with two snow leopards atacking a dzo (part cow -part yak). At the time, in 2004, it was the first footage ever recorded of snow leopards attacking in the wild. Since then, Planet Earth has gotten some absolutely incredible footage of snow leopards attacking blue sheep. However, this is still the only evidence (apart from anecdotal) that they will attack animals more than 8 times their size.

I was actually there shooting The Arc of India, a film on the evolution and disevolution of all things in the Universe, using the north of India as a backdrop, and was a bit ill-prepared to capture the leopard footage. If I had known how much it would have been worth at the time...

Apart from some stilted narration and melodrama at its finest (or grimmest), please enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tOkl2vfUDM

congrats! i know how hard it is to capture footage of snow leopards, ive seen a documentary on it. If u were just using a longer lens there, im sure you couldve sold it.

as for the youtube edition, i would def do something abt the narration. stilted is the right word for it. i would also cut out the "holy sh**" from it.

oh and welcome to the boards!

thanks for the reply. Agreed. If I had a longer lens...but I really had no idea that we were going to stumble across a couple of snow leopards, so I was ill-prepared for it. 6 years on, and I definitely would now prepare for such an encounter. I'll just assume that I am going to capture a yeti flipping me off and prepare for it.

The "holy sh$t" part I like the most, because it was captured in the moment. There are times I like the flow of the narration, but I absolutely cringe when I hear me saying "ancient region in the world". Name a region that isn't. I know what I was trying to say...

Hey I liked it.

I thought the music was a tad bit loud in the beginning with the tamborine because I couldn't hear some of the words clearly on my laptop,

but I like the read of the narration and the editing - you get the viewer really into it.

Now we know why there are such things as Big Foot and legends like that.

Back