Directing cinematography in video games - any experience?

Howdy fellow Indie Talkers!

I have now started the final year of my degree course and have been asked to do a dissertation on a subject that is relevant to my future career. I'm really trying to jump on the bandwagon here, i want to direct those epic scripted sequences you see in the shooters, and the fantastic cutscenes like you see in every FinalFantasy game. Commercial gaming is becoming more and more linked with the film industry as the years pass and i really want to be on top of the competition.

Now i have a few contacts, who are more than willing to share their little relevant knowledge on the subject but i figured that my good buddies at Indietalk would be another great place to ask!

Has anyone had any prior experience in a video game production team where there has been call for a cinematography director? Does anyone know of a company i could e-mail who may have some experience? Any articles/websites that you can remember that touch on the subject? Know of any really good FMV games?

I'm asking for links, articles, interviews or first hand experience in the position of director in video games.

Any bit of help is appreciated! It would be great if i could get an insight from some of the big names in the indie industry!

Back