• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Trailer for the Island

Thanks Dready, the correction isn't everything I wanted, just the editor with Magic Bullet. I wish I could have afforded pro correction, but it turned out pretty good. I wanted to go against the desaturated look most people go for in post apocalyptic films.

It's looking good, Gonzo.

I think the gunshots could resonate a little more, even though, i assume they're distant, and this is why whatever apocalyptic creature/cause, has yet to reach their hiding. I'd like to see some of the hysteria in the trailer, whatever it is that has caused the characters to retreat to solitude, the reason behind the flurry of gunshots in the air.

So you shot in Nashville? I really need to get myself over there sometime, How's the film-scene?

Congrats on this by the way, I'll check it out.

Yep, well, shot in Murfreesboro, about 30 miles south of Nashville. The scene is ok, a lot of technical people and rental houses because of the music video business, but only so so for film.

You never actually see the outside. The entire film takes place in a 12' X 15' room. All you ever know of the outside is sound. That was part of the challenge I presented myself, shooting in that small room, and trying to create some feeling of the outside without ever actually showing it.

Sweet. I'd like to see this. As one small critique, I wouldn't mind a little more info, in the trailer -- I think I might call this one a "teaser".

There's this dude on Youtube who does the movie guy voice pretty darned well. I don't know if he'll do it for free, or how much he'll want. I actually have a really deep voice, if you'd like me to record something, though I'm not sure how good my movie-guy impersonation skills are.

It was a bit like trying to cut a trailer for "My Dinner With Andre'"

It's a character study with a big reveal at the end. The first 6 minutes of the movie is also almost totally without dialogue. I really "challenge" the audience. To which they may reply "FU, this is boring", but I learned an incredible amout from it, and grew a lot as a filmmaker, so whatever happens happens as far as it going anywhere. The one thing I will probably never repeat is acting AND directing.

Gonzo that rocks.

I like the shot where he's looking out the window. What light did you use? I like the shine on his face.

It looks really clear and professional!

Gonzo that rocks.

I like the shot where he's looking out the window. What light did you use? I like the shine on his face.

It looks really clear and professional!

Thanks Roc. I had an Arri kit, with a 1k, 2 650s and a 350. I am pretty sure that's a 350 and a 650 sitting just outside the peeophole/slider. I credit an art director in the film, but in actuality, all she did is find stuff for me. I did the entire set design and dressing.

Yep, well, shot in Murfreesboro, about 30 miles south of Nashville. The scene is ok, a lot of technical people and rental houses because of the music video business, but only so so for film.

You never actually see the outside. The entire film takes place in a 12' X 15' room. All you ever know of the outside is sound. That was part of the challenge I presented myself, shooting in that small room, and trying to create some feeling of the outside without ever actually showing it.

Interesting, Nashville is a music town, so it's not surprising. Liverpool is the same. Everything's looking tight on the work front, in any case, I'm eager to see the performances from your leads. Keep me posted.

AND
The Island is now an official selection of the 2010 River's Edge International Film Festival.

This was the FIRST festival to notify. I might not get in another one, but to be accepted in the very first one I entered is a very hopeful sign.

Last edited:
Back