• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch HAPPY HOUR? (short)

A vengeful wife concocts a poison cocktail for her cheating husband.

HAPPY HOUR?

This is the full cut of our 48 Hour Film.

Genre: Drama
Character: Alexis Templeton, a science teacher
Prop: Tape
Line: "I love what I do."

Last edited:
I liked it, especially...

Heh, I loved the way the wife laid the blame everywhere but on herself, at the end.

Hmm... candy-striper.... I wonder if I say that three times in the mirror... :cool:

Nice work , what camera did you use

Thanks! I used the Panasonic HVX200.

The funny thing, is we had two camera guys, but neither of their footage worked (save for the opening ashtray shot). One had a Canon XL-2, which died in the first hour! Whatever footage it got was washed out and out of focus. The second guy had a DV news cam, but no tripod mount. I had my HVX in the car, so I grabbed it, because we didn't want the whole thing shot hand held. I asked the producer if he wanted widescreen and he said yes. Well, the guy with the news cam shot almost 2 hours of 4:3 footage. We couldn't use a single shot, because the formats were different. Fortunately, the HVX covered enough angles to provide what was needed.

Pretty cool, granted not your usual, but still good and I enjoyed it.

The story of the mishaps while shooting make the production name even funnier.
(You ever learn what killed the XL2?)

-Thanks

Pretty cool, granted not your usual, but still good and I enjoyed it.

Thanks. Considering my usual is sci-fi and horror. I never draw those at 48. The last 3 times have been Spy, Historical Fiction and Drama. I actually welcome the chance to do something different, which is why I like participating.

Apparently, the XL-2 came back to life and was sold! The owner thinks that a short in one of the mic cables caused it to shut down.

Back